STARTS 30/09/2020 | SOLD OUT
25/08/2021 | 0 PLACES LEFT
ENVIRONMENT AND SYNTHESIS WITH MARK FELL AND CM VON HAUSSWOLFF
26/05/2021 | 2 PLACES LEFT
DEEP LISTENING, PHASE 1 WITH PHILL NIBLOCK, JULIA KENT, BJ NILSEN AND TIM SHAW
CAMP AT HOME
- Join Chris for a series of live, interactive videochat workshops
- Receive assignments to work on where you are, in between online sessions
- Get tuition and feedback via Skype/Zoom while you work on the assignments
- Access to a library of resources assembled specifically for this workshop by Chris
- Further support after the workshop ends including release, performance, broadcast and exhibition opportunities
Chris has released four solo albums of field recordings, including "Stepping into the Dark" which won an Award of Distinction at the 2000 Prix Ars Electronica Festival in Linz, Austria, and has collaborated with Mika Vainio, Philip Jeck, Hazard, Fennesz, AER (Jon Wozencroft, aka "Alpha Echo Romeo"), and Biosphere, BJNilsen, and Marcus Davidson.
This course will focus on all factors of working with environmental sound - recording, production, decoding and critical analysis. Through a series of online meetups, assignments, individual tuition sessions and a library of resources, the course will cover:
WHERE AND WHEN?
This is an online course, but it involves realtime sessions and contact time with your tutor - it's not a "download these videos and watch them at your leisure" type of thing - it's a real workshop with live lectures, individual tuition, assignments and feedback sessions. We've tried to make this remote session as close as possible to the experience of an onsite workshop at CAMP. The course starts on 30/09/2020 and ends on 04/10/2020. The schedule for sessions is as follows:
- September 28 2020, 17:00 - 20:00 | Session 1
- September 30 2020, 17:00 - 20:00 | Session 2
- October 2 2020, 17:00 - 20:00 | Session 3
- October 5 2020, 17:00 - 20:00 | Session 4
- October 7 2020, 17:00 - 20:00 | Session 5
HOW TO BOOK
To book your place on the course, click the button in the green section above. You won't pay anything right now - we'll send you a booking confirmation email with everything you need to know next. Your place is reserved without payment for three days.
You'll find a payment link in the booking confirmation email - follow the link to make your course payment. All card payments are handled by Stripe, and are extremely secure. We don't store any card data ourselves - all of this is handled securely off-site by Stripe.
Once you've made a payment, you'll receive another email containing your receipt, links to resources, contact information and access to our group chat to discuss the workshop with other participants.
IMPORTANT: BY SIGNING UP TO A COURSE, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS